A concierge doctor is a licensed physician who treats patients based on a “retainer” or annual fee. Patients prefer quality, concierge-based relationships with their primary physician as it ensures enhanced medical care. Persons seeking qualified physicians specializing in conditions of the spine, podiatry, and pain management receive expert, professional care at Four Seasons Medical Concierge.
What is Concierge Medicine?
The concierge method of healthcare differs from traditional medical practices in that the patient only pays when they have an office visit. Patients who have a concierge doctor pay a membership fee which subsidizes their medical services. These services include the following:
- More access to a physician
- Same-day appointments
- Lengthy office visits
There are approximately three main categories of concierge medical business models available for patients:
- Fee for Care (FFC): patient pays their retainer monthly, quarterly, or annually covering standard office visits for vaccinations, laboratory work, and x-rays
- Fee for Extra Care (FFEC): similar to FFC, except for additional services charged to Medicare or the patient’s insurance plan
- Hybrid concierge model: patients pay a monthly, quarterly, or annual retainer or membership fee for services not covered by Medicare or private insurance
How to Choose the Right Concierge Doctor
Your concierge doctor should offer the functions vital to you. Here are some important things to consider before starting a new medical relationship:
- How important is it to you to have 24/7 and emergency care?
- Do you have a pre-existing condition requiring the care of a specialist?
- Are you interested in learning how to live a healthier life and how to prevent illness?
- Will you be using phone consultations during travel time?
- Are there family plans available?
Contemplate your lifestyle, current health status, and medical concerns regarding the care you’re receiving now. What changes would you make if they were possible? How would better health affect your life?
Benefits of Choosing the Right Concierge Doctor
When a physician switches from traditionally practiced medicine to practice as a concierge doctor, they gain control over their practices instead of being controlled by third parties. Patients benefit because their doctors have fewer patients to care for, thus allowing them easier access via cell phones, text messaging, unlimited office visits, short waiting room time, preventive care, a calm environment, online consultations, prescription refills, and convenient appointment scheduling.
What You Can Do Today
There are many specialists available worldwide practicing concierge medicine. Here at Four Seasons Medical Concierge in Phoenix and Dallas, we staff licensed, professional medical doctors experienced in sports medicine, orthopedics, and surgical procedures. We welcome your questions and concerns in your effort to find the right concierge doctor for you. Contact us today to book an appointment and get started.